What are Smoke Tarps?
Smoke tarps, also called nose tarps, are heavy duty 18oz vinyl tarps designed to protect the front of a flatbed load from soot, smoke, and exhaust from the cab’s smokestack.
When to Use Smoke Tarps?
- Use smoke tarps any time you think you might run the risk of smoke or soot damaging your load.
- Some types of loads are easier to damage with smoke than others.
- For example, PVC pipe, saplings, and foam board are easier to harm with smoke, and receiver are much less likely to take in loads that have taken smoke damage.
- Some loads are listed as requiring tarping, in which case having a good smoke tarp on hand can be useful.
What are the Key Benefits of Smoke Tarps?
- Smoke tarps cover the front of the load (the part nearest the cab).
- It protects the load from fumes, smoke, and soot that comes from the exhaust.
- Smoke tarps can also protect a load from abrasions or cuts that might occur as the load is hauled long distances.
Features of Smoke Tarps?
Features of smoke tarps are described in detail as below:
All smoke tarps are made of heavy duty 18 oz vinyl, which is waterproof and cut-and-tear resistant.
Smoke tarps have double-stitched, reinforced grommets and D-rings on all sides for easy, precise securement.
The D-rings are galvanized and zinc-plated, which makes them rust-resistant.
Some smoke tarps are flat, while others are fitted.
Easy to Wrap:
Fitted tarps are easier to wrap over some loads, while flat smoke tarps can be more easily adjusted to cover unusual loads.
Quality and Trustworthiness of Mytee’s Smoke Tarps
- Smoke tarps are just one type of our many options for heavy duty flatbed tarps.
- Our smoke tarps are high quality and sold direct to you, so they’re always at a price you can afford.
- Mytee offers smoke tarps in three standard sizes, and we can fill custom size orders.