Ratchet Straps Accessibility
Our ratchet tie-down straps are flat 1-inch to 4-inch wide straps made of heavy-duty polyester webbing. They're used to secure cargo to flatbed trailers, semi-trailers, or onto L-track or E-track systems. Ratchet cargo straps prevent cargo from rocking around or coming loose during transport, even during a bumpy ride.
The ratcheting mechanism lets you put the precise amount of tension in the tie-down that you need to secure the load tightly without damaging it. Ratchet straps have a variety of uses making them multi-purpose.
Our Ratchet Straps Construction and WLL Consideration
We supply ratchet tie-down straps that are made from heavy-duty polyester webbing only and capable of withstanding an excessive amount of force. Each of the straps has a Working Load Limit and Breaking Strength. Working Load Limit is the maximum amount of force a strap can withstand and still work properly while breaking strength is the point at which the strap snaps.
It’s important to consider your straps WLL to be sure you don’t experience equipment failure while in transit. It’s also important to note that working beyond the WLL even if it’s not close to the breaking point, increases the chances of equipment failure. Know your cargo's weight, and plan accordingly.
Why Choose Mytee Products?
- Mytee Products ratchet straps are softer and lighter than cargo chains and are just as strong as them too so you’re less likely to damage your cargo.
- With our extensive catalog of straps, you’re guaranteed to find a strap that best fits your needs.
- In the event something happens to your straps, our excellent customer service team will help get you squared away without any extra hassle.
Ratchet Tie-Down Options at Mytee Products
Whether you’re doing a light move across town or hauling steel across the country, Mytee Products has a ratchet cargo strap perfect for the job. We carry straps that vary in widths, lengths, colors, and end fittings.
Straps Width - 1 inch to 4-inch
The width of the strap usually indicates the size of the job. The bigger the strap, the larger the job. We carry straps in a variety of sizes including:
- 1-inch ratchet straps: The perfect light-duty solution for transporting cargo, typically 2500 lbs.
- 2-inch ratchet straps: Lightest to carry but have the lowest WLL, typically 3,333 lbs.
- 3-inch ratchet straps: Fairly lightweight and have a higher WLL, typically 5000 lbs.
- 4-inch ratchet straps: Heavy-duty ratchet straps with the highest WLL, typically 5400 lbs.
Not everyone has the same setup when it comes to their rig. You could have D-Rings, or maybe all you have are the rub rails on your trailer. No matter what you have, we have a strap with each end fitting you need. The three most popular end-fittings are:
- Flat Hooks Ratchet Straps: Compatible with flat anchor points, like stake pockets or the side of a trailer bed.
- Wire Hooks Ratchet Straps: (Also called J-hooks) Compatible with D-rings, O-rings and trailer sides.
- Chain Hooks Ratchet Straps: (Also called grab hooks) are connected to a chain end-fitting that increases the ratchet strap's WLL. Chain hooks are compatible with most anchor points.
We carry straps in several different colors. This variation of colors helps other truckers and inspectors identify the type of strap being used. Our ratchet tie-downs generally come in five different colors:
Accessories Available to Use with Ratchet Straps
A strap saver is a bolt-on mechanism that safely stores excess straps after the ratchet strap has been fastened.
Strap winders allow you to wind up straps quickly and keep them neatly rolled. These work with both ratchet straps and winch straps.
Strap bands keep rolled up ratchet and winch straps tight and together to prevent them from getting tangled.
Corner protectors cover the sharp corners or edges of a piece of cargo to prevent the edge from damaging or cutting the strap.
Quality of Mytee Products' Ratchet Straps
Our Ratchet Straps are made out of high-quality materials and come in a variety of colors, sizes, and end fittings perfect for your needs. Any strap that comes from Mytee Products comes with the guarantee that no matter what happens, you’re covered.
If you need help choosing a ratchet tie-down strap for your load, our excellent customer service team is here to help. You can contact us by phone at 1-888-705-8277 or email us at [email protected]
Questions & Answers
What is the price range for ratchet straps?
Depending on the length, working load limit, and end hardware of the strap, the price can vary from prices as low as $10 to as high as $55 per ratchet strap.
What length ratchet tie-down strap do I need?
Ideally, it’s best to have more than the minimum required ratchet straps for your load. The excess strap can be rolled up and gives you more room to work with when securing loads.
How often should you replace ratchet straps?
Depending on how much it’s used, straps should be replaced every 2 to 4 years. If there is any abrasion on the strap such as a tear or warping metal, it’s best to replace it as soon as possible.
What should I look for when choosing a ratchet strap?
Consider your load. How much does it weigh and what are you using to transport it? Each strap has a different working load limit as well as end hardware that fits specific tie-down points.