Truckers use myriad of products to ensure the safety of the cargo that they pull. They use tarps to protect the cargo from harsh weather conditions and external elements as they have the responsibility to deliver the goods safely to its destination. Truckers also have the responsibility to tie down their cargo in such a way that is should not disturb other drivers on the road. For this the truckers need to ensure that when they drive at high speed on the highway their cargo should remain in place.
The best way to secure the cargo on a flatbed trailer is through Winch Ratchet Straps. They are made of strong polyester webbing. Ratchet strap can be used for the tying down goods on a truck, car or van.
Tips on tie down:
- The primary thing for ensuring safety of the goods and securing them on the truck bed is about arranging them properly on the platform. If the goods are arranged properly it becomes very easy for you to cover them with a tarp and then later tying the tarp and goods down on the flatbed with straps.
- Once you arrange your load on the flatbed, cover them using appropriate tarp. There are many types of tarps available in the market like lumber tarps and steel tarps. Once you choose your tarp, cover and secure you cargo, place the excess material on the corners under the load to avoid wind whip. It is very necessary to make sure that there is no scope of wind gushing through the tarp, or it will slow you down and also cause a disaster if the tarp tears.
- After you make sure that your tarp is placed properly on the cargo, you have to tie it to the flatbed using straps. Many flatbed trailers have inbuilt tie down straps, but if your truck does not have that then you can use ratchet or winch straps. These straps will make sure that your heavy duty cargo and the tarp will remain in place.
- There are different working load limits for different straps; you can use multiple straps according to the ranks of the straps. For example is your load weighs 10,000 lbs and your strap has working load limit of 500 lbs then you need to use 20 straps to secure the cargo robustly on the trailer.
For the optimum safety of your cargo and other motor drivers on the road, do not exceed the working load limit of your straps and also make sure your straps are in good shape while tying down. I understand being a truck driver you don’t want to be responsible for any mishaps or accidents caused due to materials flying off your truck.
Binders are used to tie down the loads to avoid any mishaps. Load binders are valuable instruments and as they keep the load in position; they are coated with steel to give you maximum strength for the tie down. If you use appropriate chains and binders you do not need to worry about your loads at hairpin turns and sudden stops.
The following tips with help you efficiently use Chain binder and Grade 70 chains:
Choosing a binder:
You need to double check the strength and durability of the binders when you go to buy a binder. There are many different types of binders available in the market like ratchet load binder, standard lever load binder, alloy ratchet load binder and many more. Some people are comfortable using lever style binders while others prefer ratchet style binders. You can choose the one that you are comfortable with, but you need to take some precaution while using either style of binder. If you use lever style binders make sure that it has not gotten lose, and for ratchet binders you need to carry a proper lubricant with you like a spray Teflon grease to ease the binders if they freeze. But do not use heavy grease it will dry and solidify causing more trouble.
About Grade 70 chains:
Grade 70 chain binder are widely used for carrying vehicles on flatbed trailers. According to rules in some states you need chains at each corner if your equipment weighs over 10,000 lbs and for less than 10,000 lbs weight one chain at each end will do. G70 chains are strong and reliable; they have gold tone finish and G70 inscription on it. Each chain has capacity of up to 4700 lbs with grab hooks at each end. G70 chains are preferable as they perform well on hilly terrains and can hold heavy objects in place.
Some security measures:
As we know there are two types of chain binder i.e ratchet and lever. While using these chain binders there are some necessary precautions to be taken. People using these binders should be trained well and should know the areas of application. You must regularly check the chains and binders to determine the binding, and wear of the binders. It is advisable not to use the chains or binders that are cracked easily. Prefer to use 70 degree chains to bind the heavy load. Do not use G70 chains for overhead lifting, and avoid using binders when someone is standing very close to the loaded truck.
These tips will help you use your chains and binders effectively and you will be also to haul heavy machineries and other heavy load easily. If you use proper hardware in a right way, you can secure your load efficiently and also keep yourself safe while dealing with heavy objects and binders.
Privacy screen is used as a barrier between the court yards. The privacy screen is installed to block the views from the outside and also for the security. These fences in addition help you to cover the construction work in progress.
There are different types of fence privacy screen available in the market like brick walls, wooden partitions, wrought iron, chain link, mesh etc. A mesh privacy screen is the most commonly used screen in the commercial and residential area. It is also very easy to install this screen than installing brick walls and other types of privacy screen.
A very high quality tightly knit woven polyethylene material is used in making privacy screen. It is very durable and can last for many years. The material that is used in this screen is a breathable and so allows the fresh air to pass through it.
The privacy screen comes with woven eyelets so that the screen can be easily attached to the fence. These screens come in many different sizes and colors you can choose one based on your requirements. Some companies also provide custom made privacy screens if you have specific requirements and want some special print on the screen like a company logo or other designs.
The different types of fence screen include:
Residential privacy screen – these screens are made for the residential houses and can help you to block the views from the outsiders.
Construction site privacy screen – the screens made to cover the construction sites are different than the screens made for the residential purpose. They are used to cover the work in progress views.
Custom printed privacy screen – if you have a special logo or preference of designs that you want on the privacy fence screen then you can have that printed for you.
Apart from the above option you already have a choice of different colors for the screen.
Benefits of fence privacy screen:
- Printed fences look very attractive and if you have custom made designs on it your screen will be unique.
- These screens are cost effective, easy to install and durable.
- Thanks to the advanced technologies, these fences are now made using acoustic materials.
- These fences provide you peaceful environment.
- The mesh privacy screen requires low maintenance.
- These privacy screen are very durable and do not tear, peel or get corroded.
- You have a wide choice of colors and designs.
- One of the key benefits of this privacy screen is that you can do it yourself and use your creativity in putting up your own privacy fence screen.
Privacy fence screens are attractive; they block the unwanted sights and give you sense of security round the clock. If you visit e-commerce sites you will see that the privacy screens are available in basically two combinations i.e. 4’ x 50’ and 6’ x 50’. These lengths and heights can be altered to meet your specifications and the cost of the screen depends on the material and the quality of fabric that is used to make them.
Bungee straps are reliable and multipurpose tools. They can be used in household activities to tie luggage on top of the vehicle, can be also used for sports and adventure activities. The most common or popular use of this strap is tie down truck.
Uses of Bungee Strap:
The bungees were originally been used as swimming goggles straps. Nowadays they are been used for myriad of activities. Most of the people must have used these straps at least once in their life as it is a versatile product.
These straps can be used effectively in the house hold activities. They are very effective if used to tie down luggage or other objects on the top of the vehicle when you go on a road trip. The bungee straps will ensure that your stuff if secured and will keep it from falling or moving.
These straps are actively been used in adventure and sports activities because of their elasticity and reliability. People use them to feel the thrill of jumping off the cliffs or high points like bridges.
The truckers have found the use of this strap to tie down heavy duty cargo on flatbed trailers. Once the cargo is loaded on the trailer and covered with tarps these straps are used to tie the load with the trailer. It is essential to tie the load using straps else it can cause serious damage to the truck driver or other drivers on the road apart from damaging goods that are being transported.
Details of the components of the strap:
The strap is made up of three main components the core, the covering and the end fittings. The core of the strap is made from synthetic or natural rubber to give it elasticity.
The covering of the strap is made from different material depending upon the use of the strap. There are materials like nylon and cotton braids used to cover the core of the strap. This kind of straps can be stretched to twice its original length. Then there are straps made entirely with rubber including the covering, such straps can be stretched up to four times its original length.
The end fittings are also very important. They have hooks to allow you to tie the objects swiftly and easily. There are different types of hooks that can be attached to its ends like the S-shaped hooks or the J-shaped hooks. Some manufacturers cover these hooks with rubber to give security to its user. This hooks save you from tackling awkward knots. You also have the option of attaching carabiners to the ends of these straps.
Though these straps are so useful and so common, it is important to make sure that you buy these straps only from the reliable retailers. The best way is to buy these straps from the online site so that you can know what are the options and specifications of these straps. You can also avail some special discounts and offers if you buy these straps from e-commerce sites.
If you are an owner of a recreational vehicle you know that sometimes your vehicle just remains idle for an extended period of time. It is important to protect your vehicle at such times. RV is an expensive investment, so you don’t want your vehicle to get damaged in any condition.
The best way to protect your vehicle is by covering it. The RV covers are made to protect your vehicle from UV rays, snow, rain, wind, dirt, falling leaves and twigs, bird droppings and many more things that damage or scratch your vehicle.f you are an owner of a recreational vehicle you know that sometimes your vehicle just remains idle for an extended period of time. It is important to protect your vehicle at such times. RV is an expensive investment, so you don’t want your vehicle to get damaged in any condition.
You might think that the exteriors of your RV can withstand anything but it is not true. When your RV is parked at one place for a long time, many factors can damage your vehicle.
Here are some tips on how to use RV covers and easy maintenance of your RV:
- First of all park your vehicle on wood planks, when you know that it is not going to be used again for a considerable period of time. Wood planks help you to keep the tires from moisture based deterioration. Mud, grass and even concrete can be harmful for the tires over a long period of time as they keep the tires damp by seeping up the moisture.
- While covering your RV, make sure you have lowered all the antennas and applied padding to all the corners and sharp edges.
- Recreational vehicles can be covered by one person, but two can make the job easier and faster. To start covering your vehicle, place the cover behind your vehicle and then spread out the RV cover behind your vehicle keeping the front rope near the rear bumper.
- The next step is to pull the front cover over your vehicle; you can climb on the top of the vehicle to do this. Prefer a step ladder to climb on the top and take necessary precautions.
- Pull the cover on your vehicle and drape the side panels down over your vehicle. While doing this make sure your cover does not snag corners.
- You can climb down now and adjust the cover. Pull the elastic corners beneath the vehicle; this will hold the cover in place.
- Now you can buckle up your RV and use rope to tie down through the eye-hole on each corner. Do not use bungee straps and do not over tighten the ropes.
Covering your recreational vehicle in this way using a strong RV cover will ensure the safety of your vehicle. RV cover is a necessary investment as it will protect your vehicle from premature deterioration like scratch, dent, and dullness in coloration caused by external elements. RV covers also protect the interiors of your vehicle as they do not allow dust to get inside and vent flaps reduce inside moisture.