If you are an owner of a recreational vehicle you know that sometimes your vehicle just remains idle for an extended period of time. It is important to protect your vehicle at such times. RV is an expensive investment, so you don’t want your vehicle to get damaged in any condition.
The best way to protect your vehicle is by covering it. The RV covers are made to protect your vehicle from UV rays, snow, rain, wind, dirt, falling leaves and twigs, bird droppings and many more things that damage or scratch your vehicle.f you are an owner of a recreational vehicle you know that sometimes your vehicle just remains idle for an extended period of time. It is important to protect your vehicle at such times. RV is an expensive investment, so you don’t want your vehicle to get damaged in any condition.
You might think that the exteriors of your RV can withstand anything but it is not true. When your RV is parked at one place for a long time, many factors can damage your vehicle.
Here are some tips on how to use RV covers and easy maintenance of your RV:
- First of all park your vehicle on wood planks, when you know that it is not going to be used again for a considerable period of time. Wood planks help you to keep the tires from moisture based deterioration. Mud, grass and even concrete can be harmful for the tires over a long period of time as they keep the tires damp by seeping up the moisture.
- While covering your RV, make sure you have lowered all the antennas and applied padding to all the corners and sharp edges.
- Recreational vehicles can be covered by one person, but two can make the job easier and faster. To start covering your vehicle, place the cover behind your vehicle and then spread out the RV cover behind your vehicle keeping the front rope near the rear bumper.
- The next step is to pull the front cover over your vehicle; you can climb on the top of the vehicle to do this. Prefer a step ladder to climb on the top and take necessary precautions.
- Pull the cover on your vehicle and drape the side panels down over your vehicle. While doing this make sure your cover does not snag corners.
- You can climb down now and adjust the cover. Pull the elastic corners beneath the vehicle; this will hold the cover in place.
- Now you can buckle up your RV and use rope to tie down through the eye-hole on each corner. Do not use bungee straps and do not over tighten the ropes.
Covering your recreational vehicle in this way using a strong RV cover will ensure the safety of your vehicle. RV cover is a necessary investment as it will protect your vehicle from premature deterioration like scratch, dent, and dullness in coloration caused by external elements. RV covers also protect the interiors of your vehicle as they do not allow dust to get inside and vent flaps reduce inside moisture.